Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter paper flower wreath

Friday, December 23, 2011
After seeing this lovely post in the spring from Jones Design Company, and being in the holiday craft spirit, I decided to make a winter paper flower wreath with a little help from Target's dollar section (little ornament balls!)


I purchased a styrofoam wreath form from Joann's for a few bucks. Then I wrapped it in some white chiffon (left over from my wedding dress).



Next, I made the paper flowers using Emily's tutorial. I wanted silver paper, but it is kind of expensive, so I purchased some silver wrapping paper from Target and glued two pieces together so I had silver on both sides since the wrapping paper was silver on one side and white on the other.



I made the chiffon flowers using this tutorial.

Then I just started gluing the flowers (paper and chiffon) onto the wreath. I added the balls as I went.




Since I already had a traditional Christmas wreath, I'm considering this a "winter wreath." It will be on my door through February!




Linking up at

  Crafty, Scrappy, Happy::Savvy Southern Style

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...